Monday, April 13, 2015

ADIOS SISTER LLOYD

WELL. 6 weeks have gone by and Sister Lloyd is off to a new location. And what is happening to me you may ask. Some big changes are happening in the GKLM. I am now becoming a Sister Training Leader! Sister Goodrich and Sister Matthews are the Sister Training leaders and their job is to go around and be with sisters all in the Indiana area for 24 hours. So they are always traveling and helping sisters in the surrounding areas! But because Sister Goodrich is going home in May.. There needs to be a new Sister Training Leader...that is me....and Sister Goodrich is now not a sister training leader because she goes home soon. So YUP sister Matthews will be my companion and they Sister Training Leader area will be moved to here in Jasper because it's more central to the sisters we will be serving. Now I hope this doesnt sound like boasting..it is simply me informing. And maybe now you have an idea that MY MISSION PRESIDENT IS LOCO and will probably realize his grave mistake in about a week... I definitely dont feel ready to have this responsibility and help other sisters.  BUT I better get ready because I start tomorrow.. I have always known that Sister Training Leaders are inspired..however now that I too am one.. it's hard to feel like it was an inspired move...but I know that the Lord knows what he is doing...but it is EXTREMELY humbling. I know that by serving these sisters I will become a better person and iron out some of my own weaknesses. so I am grateful for the chance to serve them! still though, Wish me luck. and every prayer helps.

last week we were struggling with people who were interested..but this week the blessings have definitely shown!! We have been taking the time and talking to nearly everyone (we arent quite perfect!) And we have certainly seen the blessings of finding those who the Lord has prepared! This week we are scheduled to go back and see many of those who we talked to and hopefully we will get the chance to really start teaching them the gospel! and how it can belss their lives and give them greater direction and hope..and let's be honest..we all need more direction and hope in the world that we live in today. 

One of the people we had the chance to talk to was Brittney! She was a young mom and she was super cute! We just went up to her and started talking to her and She told us that she was baptist, and as we kept talking to her we brought up the Book of Mormon. When we asked her if she had heard about it, she said yes! and then she proceeded to tell us that she had heard about it from her Pastor that was talking about it. She didnt say what he said exactly but it was all positive! in fact, she even said "I've actually been meaning to get my hands on a copy." What are the chances! that she had thought to get a copy of the book of Mormon eventually and then we just happen to stop and talk with her! It was so cool! People all around us are prepared to hear the gospel. She was so sweet! and hopefully we will start teaching her this week! 

This week I got a surprise that showed up at my door step. MY UNCLE DOUG. YUP. My uncle found me. haha It was pretty funny. So we come home for dinner and sister Lloyd has a package so we went to go get it off the porch, and we see this car pull into the drive way... what the heck, who could it be? So we walk over to the car. .. (side note: i've meet my unlce only a few times and the last time was 4 years ago and my dad has LOTS of brothers). SO I say HI can we help you. and the Man said. Yeah are you the mormon missionaries? and we said yes...and I stop and i go.."You look familiar" thinking to myself it cant be my uncle...im on a mission....and then he goes? oh? that's weird..so tell me something about your church. And I am all like you have got to be kidding me...and then I go "sorry I didnt catch your name..Im sister Wagner." And he goes, oh i'm DOUG WAGNER. So I just burst out laughing and go and give him a hug. It was HILARIOUS!!! We asked what the heck he was doing and he said that he had business in Evansville Indidana an hour and a half from us and decided to stop by! He had been trying to find out our location because he had been in our driveway for awhile but no one knew where we were! But then we srove by, he saw my smile, and thought to himself "Looks just like Dennis!" (thats my dad) And then followed us to our house hahahaha it was too funny! So he asks if he can take us to dinner so I call my mission president and tell him that I have only met my uncle a few times cause he lives in Minnesota, and that he just showed up for business, and he just says, "Go ahead! just dont order anything under $20!" It was just what I needed to spend some time with family. For sure a tender mercy! It was so good to spend some time with him! 

Also this week we set a baptismal date for someone on my birthday! #June20 #bestdayever And she is super sweet! Her name is Anne!

Quotes: 
"he bites your tush if you wear stretchy pants"
"if you dont have a butt its just called your back with a crack in it"
We asked..Where do we go after this life to a member who is old and not all there..he just said "hades"
"I love videos..and I love africa...take me to africa"

SHOUT OUTS: 
THANK YOU TANNER FOR YOUR LETTER!!
THANK YOU ELIUD FOR YOUR PACKAGE THIS WEEK!!!!
THANKS MUM FOR THE EASTER CARD!

I love you all so much! thank you for all the support and love and prayers that you send my way! it doesnt go unnocied. I know that God is there for all of you! Dont forget to pray! Laughter is the best medicine. 

HAPPY SPRING!!!!

-Sister WAGNER
 
(Most names have been changed to protect the privacy of the people involved)


Sis. Lloyd. Me. Hermana Bennett. Hermana Mangali. Sister&Elder Fullmer. Elder Riphenburg. Elder Handen. Elder Fleener. Elder Gay. Elder Sorenson and Elder Stewart



District selfie. Taken by Elder Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment