Monday, December 15, 2014

WELCOME TO THE GKLM SISTER HOLT

WHAT A WEEK. :D So last week I was freaking out about how I was going to die as a trainer...and now I have a little greenie...and her name is SISTER HOLT! She is from Layton Utah, and 20 years old. She has come to the GKLM pre-trained and ready to work! I hardly have to do anything! She is super sweet and tons of fun.....I have lucked out BIG TIME when it comes to companion because they have all been the ones training me. Seriously. I have hardly had to do anything. And anything that I need to do..the Lord has given me  the strength and ability that I needed to make things happen. I now have a strong testimony that the Lord knows what we can handle..and the things that we dont know if we can handle...he helps up and enables us to do whatever we are called to do. No matter what it is. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WHEN YOU HAVE THE LORD ON YOUR SIDE.

This week we had.....A BAPTISM. Caught you all by surprise on that one! So There is this guy...I mentioned him awhile ago..this will test y'alls memory. His name is A.. C... He was the artist who worked on saw movies and passion of the Christ...and Pirates of the Caribbean 3...and I am Legend....and all this epic stuff..actually did I tell you about him? I don't know...well either way...A... is an amazing guy with a really scary and hard past...who the sister have been teaching since MAY. And he has quit smoking and all this stuff. and so we had a baptismal date set for this Saturday....but with his steadily decreasing health we had no idea if he would well enough by then to be baptized. But then...we got the okay that we could baptize him....and we had 3 very short days to plan a baptism....there is usually about a week....and one of those days we were in meetings learning how to be better and know what to do as missionaries so we had to put together it in really 2 days....which seems like time...but now when 3 of the people you were originally planning to speak and such happen to be out of town or not able to come....it adds some serious pressure...after lots of phone calls and running around...and personally making the program at the library....all things were in place.

SO SATURDAY COMES. And we go to the church 2 hours early to fill up the font.....so we could turn it on slow enough to have it run hot the whole time and be warm......after 30 minutes of running...the font has 2 inches of water....panic of course was the most prominent emotion at the time...our of desperation we turn the font on full blast....only to have the baptism occur in freezing cold water...#oops #sorryA... After the baptism A... had the chance to bear his testimony... It is so touching..and so heart felt...and the spirit was so strong. You could tell that this man was so burdened by sin and hardship and bad experiences...and some of that pain...had just melted away...that the savior had lightened his load and make it possible for him to overcome the darkest of times.

ANOTHER BIG THING HAPPENED THIS WEEK! SO I know you all know about the Family on the Hill...the big family of like...a million people...They are now working towards a baptismal date of January 17th. I know they have the will power to be able to do it...and they are going to be extremely blessed. They have made such changes in their lives...I wish you all could see it. They all of some of the biggest hearts I have ever seen and will do anything for anyone..

The gospel of Jesus Christ has the power to change peoples lives..It refines us and makes us better people... more so then we ever thought possible. And The Lord gives us experiences that we need. My testimony of the restored Gospel has only grown...and it will continue to do so. There is so much growth to be had and experiences to gain..I am so blessed to be on a mission and have great peace having the knowledge of the gospel. I love my mission!!!!

Quotes in Corbin---

"I fear no hollar"
"I dont play....im not a child... I dont play games...I play monopoly though, I get serious."
"we say hello with our knives, guns are for hunting...if we want to kill you...we cut you up"
"i just ate two broughtworths...I dont feel good right now"

This week I was reading in the book of Mormon in the book of Helaman..  I was reading in chapter 5 verses 10-11...verse 12 is one that is really well known...what is being talked about in this part is how Christ doesnt save us in our sins....he saves us from them. In and from is the only difference of that sentence.. When we are in our sins...we are doing them and we are fine being stuck there... The Lord can help us if we are where we want to be. But he can however save us from them. If we are trying to run from our sins...or mistakes..or weaknesses...then he is going to swoop down and get us far away from those things we are trying to avoid. I am so grateful that he wants to help us and save us..only if we want to help ourselves..but at the same time...it takes responsibility of us to want to make a change.

I love you all so much! and I am so grateful for the support of all of you! Have an awesome week! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-- Sister Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment