Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

SO this week has been a little slow...like REALLY slow. We weren't able to get very much done due to demonic plague that has struck poor sister Goodrich. NO it is not Eboli...or however you spell it. but she is a mess. a coughing hacking nose blowing mess. #stillhot #gottaloveher #imnotsick #knockonwood

Because we have a man down in our companionship...we have a a couple bedridden days which means..the work comes to a stop. BUT! Sister Goodrich was able to get a blessing. What does that mean you ask? Well that means that if she was supposed to be healed right now.. she would be. But instead the work here in Corbin is going just as fast as it needs to at this time. We are doing all we can to get her back rockin' and rolling! She is getting there... Kinda. I know that the Lord understands, thank goodness and that we are being blessed for the things that we are able to accomplish!! In fact! despite the uneventful-ness of this week..I have a bumpin' story!

This story shall be called... Is it 109?

Once upon a time there were two missionaries that were trying to find houses 102..and 105 in the little town of Barbourville. As one missionary pulled our her planner to find the house number..the other missionary goes.. "is it 109?" "No dear companion, it is 102" Then coming to the next house they were looking for.."is it 109 the missionary asks again, thinking this time she has gotten it right. "No, we are looking for 105" says the second companion giggling under her breath. as they talk they, the people in the house say no to a prayer, walking away discouraged, the two valient missionaries quickly turn and ask who they know that could need a prayer, the house a little ways down they are directed to. As they knock and wait and knock and wait, they admire the perfectly set up porch decorations that look like they were right off of Pinterest. The door opens "hi we are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints, today we are offering the Saviors peace and blessing through prayer, could we say a prayer with you and your family?" "YEAH COME IN!" They step inside to find a clean, orderly, nice smelling house with family pictures all on the walls. The football game was on. The man goes and mutes the TV while two young girls gather near the doorway. They pray, and ask to come back "sure, anytime!!" "Wednesday?" "I work till 5 but feel free to come by" "OKAY!" They exit the house feeling chipper and full of hope for the new family they just met.. They look back to admire the cute little house and the family that is within, when they get a glance at the house number....109!?!?! What!?! was it meant to be? Absolutely.

Miracle story? I think yes. How grateful I am for the little promptings of the spirit that lead us there this week. Sister Goodrich and I both have really high hopes for this family. Pray for the best!

I really don't know what else to say about this week...It has been a little chaotic to say the least with Sister Goodrich getting sick and all. I have been sniffling due to allergies but compared to sister Goodrich..I might as well have a perfect bill of health!

Despite all the craziness that has been going on here, the worlds Chaos is booming as well. Sadly things are not well. People always feel the need to tell us all these depressing things that are happening because we don't watch the news.. and honestly it is a bit of a downer to hear all of the sadness. But my hope for all of us at this time is that we are not discouraged with the things of the world but instead we look forward with a perfect brightness of hope and faith in our Savior Jesus Christ who can bring us great peace in a world full of turmoil. He is the Prince of Peace after all.


quotes in Corbin-

"Ah, I discovered I'm half alive"
"it's on teaparty.org"
"if you get me on some speed I think I'll be okay"
while talking about the lady with eboli that got on a plane "Obama let her on there"
"maybe it was a demonic church and I just didnt know it yet"
"what does code word mutual mean?"
"I didn't know how to swim until a few years ago..then I forgot"
"dr. wong said don't eat it"
"I need at LEAST 15 minutes sh-peal time."
"what happens in Mormon town...says in Mormon town."
"How hard could it be to find the mormon church in a town full of baptists?"
while playing apples to apples "I'm delicious, explosive, phony ancient and dirty...I'm a mummy!"
"I'm a dirty ol' mummy"
"There is something about Latter-day Saints and food"
"I'm a Facebook stalking genius"
"everybody has their fruit loops"
"get him jellified and he'd be a REAL gummy bear"

Sorry for the shortness of the email this week! I hope that all y'all are having a great week full of happiness and warmth! I know how cold it can be up in the North. Also...our mailman when I told him I was from Maine...Totally thought it was in Canada...totally forgot it was a state of its own. so that is cool...right....?

LOVE YOU ALL! And I think and pray for you often. Keep on keepin' on!

love y'all --- Sister Taylor Wagner

SHOUT OUTS--

Dapice Family! did I give you a shout out when y'all sent a package awhile ago?! Either way..here is one!

Matt! NICE EAGLE PROJECT! WOOHOO! Congratulations little brother!

NANA and PAPA! Thank you so much for the package of halloween goodies! :) yum! and the hand sanitizer and tissues came at the perfect time!

ABBY
CAIN! Last Monday was the 13th and your birthday! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...WRITE ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment