Friday, October 10, 2014

Three Cheers for Conference!

HEY Y'ALL

Another amazing week here in the GKLM....im not surprised and I'm sure y'all aren't either because I am pretty sure I start my email like this every week...but no matter... Still awesome! Cute little thing that I discovered last night...there is a little place called Bimble, Kentucky. I know a random name right!? and a random place to put that fact...but I didn't know where else to put it in this email! Also...update on the super cheep gas...it is now down to $3.07 that's a record...and I will need to take a picture by that sign to prove it all to you...It has dropped a good 12 cents in a month...that is a big deal...and I thought you would all enjoy knowing that! Am I crazy...or is this blowing anyone else's mind?

To be completely honest...this week has been such a blur! We have been doing so much... I cant keep track of it all. I have to start writing down what I want to say...hmmmm I think I will start with  what I have heard a million times this week...

"IT'S THE HOLIDAYS" Sister Goodrich has a sincere love..(or should I say obsession??) for the holidays. And because we are a month away from Halloween...that is the gateway to all other holidays for this half of the year. I LOVE her enthusiasm! It is awesome because it leads to baking and Christmas music! two of my favorite things! And so what have we made a ton of this week? Peppermint bark with Sister Goodrich's famous secret recipe. Which I will have to make for all of you when I get home because it is not something that anyone should love not having eaten. NO it is not like other Christmas Barks....It is ingenious. And delicious... Seriously...there was a talk given by a general authority about taking care of our bodies and man did the spirit chastise me about not eating so much Christmas Bark! We also made muddy buddies and Lemon Poppy seed muffins..so....all I can say is YUM.....and maybe Chubby. But NO WORRIES. I have been walking a mile and a half every other day for morning exercise...and that doesn't include all the biking and walking I do besides that. So hopefully I will get myself under control! ....but I have never been good at denying myself of the goodness of sugar and sweets!

I have another wonderful person to talk about! His name is D..! I think I mentioned in last weeks email that he showed up to M.. P...'s baptism! which was awesome! and then from that moment on he has been thriving! He is just great! and is soaking up everything we say. It was a bit of a challenge to get him to understand priesthood authority and how this is the one church on earth that has the fullness of the things that Jesus Christ taught. But now that he has got that....he is beginning to see how the Book of Mormon straightens ones faith in Jesus Christ and the things that we teach are to build upon the truths that he already knows and treasures. He watched Saturday's session of general conference with us at the Helms (our ward parents) and he loved it and even took notes on his phone! We were worried Sunday when he didn't come...until he was sending us text messages about what was being said and how he was just loving it! and he thanks us all the time for strengthening his faith in Christ.

Heard of Meet the Mormons?! it is a movie...all about Mormons that is coming out on the 10th!!! but it is only showing in like 2 places in all of Kentucky...but! guess who got to watch it...I wonder...OH! ME. I DID. You might be thinking... But it hasn't come out yet, Sister Wagner! Exactly..it hasn't! But I've seen it! On Thursday we had interviews with out mission President and they usually have a little training that goes along with it. so they told us to open our Preach My Gospels and then our mission presidents wife walks in with popcorn...and one of the Assistant to the president walked in with a TV...and then they said we were going to watch it! They allowed all the missionaries to see it to be able to encourage people to go.  HOLY SMOKES...this movie is amazing. Everyone please watch it.  it will eventually be on Youtube I think and Netflix for sure. So please take the time to watch it. It really is strengthening to my own faith and the spirit is SO strong when you watch it. PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU TO WATCH IT.

General Conference (when we hear from the Prophet and 12 apostles) was this past weekend. Man...I cant say enough good things about it. It really is the Mormon Superbowl...ESPECIALLY for missionaries. It truly is so inspired and so enlightening. It is so special...when we get to hear from the prophet of God...it is crazy to think...that someone as wonderful as Moses...and as inspired as Noah...and as faithful as Abraham walks this earth today...and is a mouth piece for our father in heaven. How blessed we are. One thing that was talked about so much by these inspired men was becoming like our savior Jesus Christ. by lifting others..being kind and thoughtful and compassionate. Being willing to step outside our comfort zone. by teaching by example and improving ourselves daily. I just love that so much. And That is something I definitely want to work on. BuT! they also mentioned that being like the savior means dealing with some of the things the savior dealt with.  being persecuted..or looked down on...or ignored.. but that is all part of being a good person! and walking as the savior walked.

There was also something from the woman's conference I really liked and it was from Dieter F. Uchtdorf...and it was that God doesn't just have a box of blessings that he unlocks and gives us when we are good...but instead he is constantly raining blessings upon us, but it is our job to close the umbrella...whatever it may be...sin...or bitterness towards someone..or anger..or frustration...or not reading scriptures or praying....PLEASE...all of you...there are blessings that you are missing because you have your umbrella up...but it down and see the beauty of the rain!

There is so much to learn from those who are called of God...lds.org and then type in a topic in the search bar and find what the prophet and his apostles have to say about it...because they really know how to help improve your lives! and they can give you just want you need! Search their words just as you might do to the scriptures! it is good stuff!

QUOTES IN CORBIN

"We got a cage in there...it's called the time out box"
"I got a part of a pregnant woman's liver...and her cravings."
"I beat up a preacher once.....but he hit me first!"
"Darn candy..you would think they put gold in it it's so darn expensive"
"we are really fertile...we have a lot of kids."
"bumper sticker: God guns and guts made America great"
"The fat baby hasn't sold yet.."

Y'all are some of the best people on this earth! how did I get so lucky knowing all of you? I am not sure! you are always in my thoughts and prayers! I love you all! Be safe and stay warm!! it is getting cold! even here....THANK GOODNESS!

--Sister Wagner

SHOUT OUTS

To my little brother Matt...WHO GOT HIS LICENSE FIRST TRY!....everyone stay off the roads.

Thanks to my Nana who sent me a letter and my family history!! woohoo!

And I think that's it...send me mail people! I love it :) 




(I'm sorry blog viewers for this being late to get up! -Shannon)

No comments:

Post a Comment