Tuesday, April 15, 2014

CALLED TO SERVE HIM

I finally received my mission call after a long process of waiting A WHOLE MONTH. What a journey it has been to have finally received my call. Unlike the typical sisters checking the mailbox and seeing that big fat white envelope bent to the side, my call was not in the mailbox! How is that possible Sister Wagner? Is what you are most likely asking yourself. Well here is what happened. 

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was so disappointed on Saturday when a DIFFERENT white envelope was in my mailbox that had been given to the wrong address. So my mom and I went down to return that letter to the post office later that day only to find out that it was closed. BOO. So on Monday my mom went to the post office to return that envelope. ** little background of my mom…describing her as a social butterfly is an understatement ** My mom happened to be all buddy buddy with the guy working in the post office and simple asked him to check out back for our mail to see if we would be getting a white envelope. Honestly I would have never had the guts to have done something that ridiculous…but I am SO glad that my mom did, because that postal working walked out with my call in his hands and asked my mom, "Is this what you are looking for?" HA! So my mom took my call and called me right up. I was trying to fall back asleep after a 7am 2 hour long shift. when my phone rang. and she told my that she had my call! WOOHOO! 

So by 9:15am I had my call and it was staring me down..And I couldn't open it till 6:30…gosh darn it. For all you that haven't opened your call..no matter how much light you put on that sucker, you will not be able to see through. trust me. I tried.



When 6:30 rolled around, I was at the church surrounded by the best people on planet earth, and I opened my call. HOLY MOLY. I cried. First line..already in tears as I read: 

Dear Sister Wagner,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the KENTUCKY LOUISVILLE MISSION.

Sisters I am telling you right now. The Spirit has never hit my so hard in my life. I was immediately overcome with the spirit. With the comfort that this was EXACTLY where I needed to me. These are MY people. My people to love, to serve, to teach. My Family.

This is right where I am needed. HEAVENLY FATHER KNOWS YOU. He knows what you need and who needs you. I was so worried before I opened my call that I would be disappointed  and I prayed and prayed and prayed to have the spirit testify to me of the divinity of my call. I can not tell you how big my testimony is of mission calls coming directly from our loving Heavenly Father. I KNOW Kentucky is where I need to be. I just want to hug all the people I will be serving right now. I love them so much already. 

I AM COMING FOR YOU KENTUCKY!!! 99 more days! 

I report to the Provo MTC on July 23rd 2014! 


--Sister Wagner
P.S. I will try and figure out how to get the video up soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment